Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Welcome, welcome everyone!!

I am forty.

I know that doesn't seem old but it does mean that I am part of a generation that is somewhat new to this stuff unlike my sons who can text and untangle javascript in their sleep. So now that you know I am forty, I want to pat myself on the back for having navigated the cyber world and found my way back home. For me, the self-proclaimed technophobe, that in its self was an accomplishment.

My son, Mitch, said it best when he likened me to the bumblebee who is "so big he can't fly but does so anyway because he's too stupid to know any better." I wasn't sure if that was a compliment or a grim reality but since I am a optimist, I took it as the former with the knowledge that reality at times ain't so bad either.

But since I am back, I want to formally welcome all of you, my friends, to my site and tell you about my plans. Other than general ramblings and slice of life snippets, I intend to put my journalism skills to good use and do features on some of my favorite author friends. There will be talk of writing, and life and religion and views. But most importantly, I want to put things on this site that are intended to uplift, inspire and hopefully to help you smile.

It is truly my pleasure to welcome you. So come on in, sit down and read awhile.....
And if you happen to have any, a bowl of strawberries (Costco has really beautiful ones - the California Giant variety this time of year) does help to make time all that more pleasant!

Unless you're allergic to them and blow up like a self inflating raft like my sister-in-law. In that case go for the diet Coke and chocolate. ;-) It's a much safer bet.......

4 comments:

J Scott Savage said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Stacy. It won't take you as long as you think to get it.

Marsha Ward said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Stacy. I have put you in my links, too.

Marcia Mickelson said...

Thanks for blogging at the Ink Ladies. Good luck with your blog. I'll come by and visit often.

Tristi Pinkston said...

I just tagged you!

http://tristipinkston.blogspot.com/2008/04/tag.html