Friday, April 18, 2008

Tag,...It's your blog

I got "tagged" by Tristi Pinkston.


Maybe it was because I am new to blogland. Maybe it was because I am one of the newer ones to the LDS Storymakers Group. Maybe it is because I am still starry eyed towards all of them and she wants to humble me even more.

I personally think it is because I have nagged her constantly ever since she so graciously offered to help me get this site up and going and as I am still dabbling through it at the rate of a hibernating sloth,... putting in all the links and posting all the comments will keep me out of her hair.

Although the woman is a saint, I have to admit that if I keep bugging her, thoughts of canonization will fly out the window and her inner Lizzie Borden will take over.


So as an olive branch I have linked Tristi's blog 7 times (for luck and good wishes) and do as the rules require......

Here’s the rules:

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

The weird, the wacky and the weal, oops,...I mean the real facts about me:

1 - I moved fourteen times in the first 17 years of my life living in California, Missouri, Colorado, Arizona, Illinois and Utah. My favorite? Hum,.....the beach in California, the Arch and 4th of July fireworks display over the Mississippi in St. Louis, the lightening bugs and downtown in Chicago, going to school with my cousins and Casa Bonita in Denver, the desert in bloom and my family in Phoenix and the mountains and living out my dreams with the love of my life in Salt Lake. How's that for cheating?

2 - I love the color green - any shade - except chartreuse which makes my thighs look fatter than they already are.

3 - I love icy cold glasses of milk - so icy there is ice crystals in it, strawberries and m&ms because I can eat a handful and get my chocolate fix without going into a diabetic comma.

4 - I have an apostle in my heritage, my grandfather's cousin. His name is Delbert l. Stapley. I also have General Robert E. lee and Pochahontas hanging somewhere in those family tree branches too. The Indian heritage is easy to spot,...it's right there behind the blue eyes, blond hair and a quickly wielded tomahawk when one of my sons or my husband practices the fine art of idiocy.

5 -I am the oldest of six children; 4 boys two girls. My youngest brother is 20 and 1/2 years younger than me which makes him almost exactly four months older than my oldest son. I lived Father of the Bride part II and I'm pretty sure the joke "How do you know it's a Mormon wedding? The bride isn't pregnant but the mother is" was written about us.

6 - I began my career as a public speaker at age 18 when I was invited to guest speak with Bruce Lindsey, a local newscaster, and some well-known national author whose name I can't for the life of me remember. My mom was paralyzed with fear that I would embarrass the family name but I quelled her angst when I sat down to write my speech the night before and ultimately ended up signing more programs than the author had. Even Bruce shook my hand telling me how impressed he was with my writing skills. It wasn't until twenty years later that I finally realized what a big deal it had been and then got nervous.

7 - I got approved for gastric bypass surgery today and will go under the knife in two to three weeks which means that one day I will be able to wear those chartreuse pants and not look so horrible after all,...then again,... maybe not.

Now here is who I tag....mainly because I'm selfish and wanted to get to know them better.

1 - Janet Jensen
2 - Cindy Bezas
3 - Josi Kilpack
4 - Matthew Buckley
5 - Rebecca Talley
6 - Marcia Mickelson
7 - Jeff Savage

Tag,.....you're it!



4 comments:

Tristi Pinkston said...

You linked me seven times? Wow -- that's love and devotion!

I actually did tag you because you're new to Blogland and I wanted everyone to have a chance to meet you. So my intentions were strictly honorable.

Wow about the surgery -- I hope that all goes well, and good luck with the pants and thighs!

Stacy G. Anderson said...

Tristi,

You are always honorable!

I just feel like a fink for bugging you so much and wanted to repay the 'favors' in a fun and thoroughly "bloggish" sort of way.

We should all aspire to be a wonderful as you!

Crystal Liechty said...

Congrats on the upcoming surgery! I hope everything goes well and let me know if you need anything!

Marsha Ward said...

Wow! Gastric bypass? I'm not organized enough to have that done. I'd totally forget to eat or not eat the right stuff.

Good luck with that, and no, I don't write music for lyrics. I'm mostly an arrangements kind of musician, not a true composer.