Thursday, April 10, 2008

What about this Bloggin' thing?

Technology.

To me, it fits somewhere in between the family car and my husband - love them when they work and causes panic attacks and fits of hair-pulling when they don't.

So I have to admit that when my publisher, all of my writer friends and instructors of the classes at the LDS Storymakers conference are telling me that I have to make peace with with my PC and embrace all the nifty promotional things it can do for me, I got stressed and ate a bowl of frozen strawberries.

This was life changing stuff.

I had naively thought that when my first two books, "The Santa Letters" and "Life is Tough - I Doubt I'll Make it Out Alive", hit the presses that my stress was over and I could put the strawberries back in the freezer. Not so.

That is when the real work apparently begins and so I had to make a choice Do I wave the white flag and look at my keyboard as the friend it is intended to be or as the foe who screwed up my first manuscript because I forgot to put page breaks in and massive quantities of text would mysteriously disappear making me think I'd gone crazy?

I now have a blogsite and so I'm sure you have correctly surmised that I was seductively lured into the twenty-first century. I think my computer has even lifted that temporary restraining order it filed last year when I threw my shoe at it.

That being said, I must also confess that as I write this, a bowl of frozen strawberries is also by my side to lend support and encouragement.

You will know if I have gotten the hang of this or not when you check back next week. If there is no new entries, it means simply that I could not figure out how to get back into my own blogsite. In which case, you can find me as a guest blogger on The Ink Ladies

Guest blogging I can handle since all I have to do is write an email to Marcia Mickelson and she will do all the work! Yeah for people like her......



4 comments:

Marcia Mickelson said...

Very nice. And that's a funny post. I think a lot of people can sympathize. Threw a shoe at it? Funny. I'll put your blog as a link over on the Ink Ladies and on my blog. Welcome to the world of blogging. You're going to love it.

Stephanie Black said...

Mmmm . . . frozen strawberries.

Welcome to blogland!

Rebecca Talley said...

Frozen strawberries? I go for the chocolate.

Your blog looks great--welcome aboard!

Marsha Ward said...

Welcome to the blog-o-sphere, Stacy! Very nice post.

Let's trade links. Come visit me at Writer in the Pines.