Monday, June 23, 2008

The Journey took me on a journey I won't soon forget

I just got done reading Jewel Adams' book The Journey and all I can say is,....wow!

Talk about making a person think about things from and eternal perspective. Although it is written in the vein of the fantasy genre, she draws concepts and truths from an eternal perspective of not only this life but of that before and makes one think about where they are headed.

We all ask those perpetual questions; where am I from, what am I doing here and where am I going? Adams' with her gifted writers mind takes those questions and puts them into a story form that makes the reader explore them on a deeper level.

She also made me personally think about my own divinity and purpose here amongst mortals. Can I too be of such import that not only do I live up to a regal birthright, but have an integral part in the future as defined before this life?

Kinda makes you stop and say hummmm...........

I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to explore their own meaning in life or just needs a good story to sit down and read while escaping the heat of summer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really loved the book too. Jewel did a fantastic job.